AAs per National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) guidelines every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC becomes a part of the institution’s system and works towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
Vision of IQAC
Speaking of the vision, IQAC primarily focuses on quality enhancement.
Its aim is to introduce a consistent plan of action that would lead the organization towards progress. It involves preparing strategies for –
1.Efficient & timely work processes
2.Academic research & programs
3.Affordable & innovative approaches
4.Use of ICT for modernization of education
5.Best assessment process for maintaining quality
Ensuring the best infrastructure to achieve goals.
Functions of IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the University;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;